Local Quaker History

Finchley Quakers have been continuously meeting at 58 Alexandra Grove since 1967. Prior to this, they met at various venues and in and around Finchley since 1945. The Meeting was created by a number of small groups who previously worshiped at Golders Green Meeting. 

The new meeting house was paid for through a combination of fund raising by members of the Meeting, grants and two very generous gifts of funds and land. The Meeting House was opened on 28th October 1967 and the opening was attended by the Deputy Mayor of Barnet, George Flesher and Margaret Thatcher, the local MP.

Finchley Quakers have played an active role in their local community and have a long involvement in activities supporting peace and social justice. 

Finchley Meeting is part of North West London Area Meeting (NWLAM). Other local Meetings in the Area Meeting are Golders Green, Muswell Hill, Friends House (Euston) and Hampstead. See North West London Area Meeting for further  information about the Area and other  local meetings.